Boardsmith Endgrain board

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keith Sinclair

Reaction score
I do not know exactly when I bought my boardsmith.It is a large one 16"x22"I like large boards at work,we had color coded plastic for all the health regulations,they were thin & lite & got washed alot.

I bought the endgrain reading about it on knife forums,when I got it was so large & heavy & took up alot of counter space.I did not give it a chance & it got regulated to a closet.Went back to my Simply Bamboo board that I liked.I know bamboo gets a bad rap,people talk about glue & too hard dulls your knives etc.To me the bamboo was deff. better than the plastic,after a while they take a beating fr. my sharp carbon cleavers.

About a month ago some disscussion on boards here,I decided to pull the endgrain out of the closet.Oiled it up & started using it.After the first week I was thinking this is the best damn board I have ever used.When cooking dinner I have little piles of Mi son plas neatly organized on diff parts of the board.I have a smaller board for protiens,everything else I use the endgrain.It made me break out my WS Usuba,it is so sharp it get stuck in the board.

After using this thing for a month I can never go back.I do not even want to think or admit how long that excellent cutting board sat in my closet.:O

Nice! My new BoosblockS Walnut has been sitting on my couch for about a month now next to the oil and wax as well. Lol. No counter space, thing is huge. Someday...

if only shipping wouldn't kill me i would have ordered a couple already.

A good wood board is an absolute must IMHO. We got a Boos block as a wedding gift and i cant imagine cooking without It. There's nothing that feels as good under your edge as quality wood.
Its been out on the counter now for 10+ (holy sh*t I'm old!!) years straight and still looks good. A little mineral oil goes a long way to keeping these things in shape. If I had to burn it to survive in the wilderness it'd be one of the first things I replaced upon return to civilization.

Just moved in with a friend and offered one of my Boardsmith boards for the kitchen. My friend said better not, because there was little counter space, and then there would be no place left to cut things. I wasn't quite sure what to say... But he is on a trip now, I have three more days to accidentally break his glass cutting board.

Stefan

I don't like clutter on the counter,keep rice cooker & blender stored below.Microwave & toaster are on a small table.Have a little coffee bean grinder & a compost plastic bin that's about it on the counter.I figured my simply bamboo board was almost as large as the big endgrain,just alot thinner.I keep the boardsmith positioned right to the edge of the counter,that way can transfer chopped items rt. off the edge of the board into a container.

i say break it stefan!

with an evil grin on my face =D

Believe it or not, but I still don't own a BoardSmith board. I've looked at them a thousand times, but I have two wooden boards that I really like (one I love). I have messages David about making a sandwich board and I know sometime in the next year or so, I'll pull the trigger.

i'd "accidentally" drop it or "accidentally" put something so heavy it breaks and didn't notice it was there.

=D

or just drop it, throw it out and lie.

either way, it'd be broken the first day he left the house.

lol.

Just moved in with a friend and offered one of my Boardsmith boards for the kitchen. My friend said better not, because there was little counter space, and then there would be no place left to cut things. I wasn't quite sure what to say... But he is on a trip now, I have three more days to accidentally break his glass cutting board.

Stefan
You know sometimes stuff mysteriously gets broken in the dishwasher...
Or a crazy, acrobatic, midget tweaker breaks into your house and starts doing karate on the counter top and breaks the glass cutting "board"...
Either one is a totally plausible excuse.

I have had a Boos for almost a year before I heard of BoardSmith. While I love my Boos if it happens to have split or if I happen to gift it to one of my kids then a BoardSmith will be next!

Stefan

Something heavy can fall on it from the shelving above.

I love mine got it at the beginning of Dec. Its just a dark cherry nothing special. Well they all are special, just not anything extravagant.

DSC00276.jpg
DSC00275.jpg

Back