Quantcast
stick or full dose it matter. - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: stick or full dose it matter.

Lives in the mountains near Boise, Idaho.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marko Tsourkan View Post
    Can you still balance a hidden tang handle knife at bolster, or would one need to grind it thinner?
    Hey Marco, depends on the knife but yes most of them. The heavy bladed designs are tuff but who is to say that I cant hide a piece of heavy metal inside the handle.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Burke View Post
    Hey Marco, depends on the knife but yes most of them. The heavy bladed designs are tuff but who is to say that I cant hide a piece of heavy metal inside the handle.
    That is basically what I meant. Thicker, taller and longer hidden tang, just not a full tang. I too like hidden tangs for the same reasons (wood movement) outlined above. We have a lot of educating public to do, it seems.

M

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

Ive seen A particular Chef knife made many years ago by Jimmy Lile that had addable and removable weights that were hidden under the screw in but cap. Was made for the Chef to then Gov Clinton.

Just a thought?

God Bless
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond G Knives View Post
    Ive seen A particular Chef knife made many years ago by Jimmy Lile that had addable and removable weights that were hidden under the screw in but cap. Was made for the Chef to then Gov Clinton.

Just a thought?

God Bless
    Mike
    Cool idea...but I have a pretty good idea where I like my balance points. When having a custom knife made, I just tell the maker what I prefer. Don't see why I would want to change it after I had it right or the maker made to how I specified.
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney