Quantcast
Feedback Time
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Feedback Time

Feedback Time

Hey guys! The site's been up and running for a few months now, and while I'm undergoing the typical growing pains of a new business, and some site modifications will be made shortly, the site has been a resounding success! For this, I thank you, the community that has made it all possible. As with all small-time start-ups, I've made some very good friends, connections and most importantly, loyal repeat customers! As many of you know, I love to track down items for you guys and get those harder to find pieces to you. So, while the site doesn't always seem hugely active, I've been kept pretty busy. This is AWESOME!

I've been given an opportunity to pick up a few different brands and will do so, but only if you are interested in their products. For example, I WILL be carrying Vie-Long Shaving products very soon. I, personally, love their brushes and may or may not own three of them. My wife also uses their make-up brushes, but enough of that "girl talk" (sorry Lucretia ).

So, first things first - how am I doing, according to you? Have you purchased from me , and if so, how did you like the item, service, random 3am phone calls, etc? Haha.

What products would you like to see? For example, Kent Badger Brushes, Proraso Shaving Soap, alum blocks, etc.

Please feel free to post positives on this thread, and keep the negatives private. Just kidding! Feel free to pm, email, or post in this thread, both good and bad.

Thanks, everyone!
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

I acquired a bowl with shaving soap from you recently, and despite a glitch in payment received the item promptly. The #7 bowl and soap are really great! I am enjoying the sh!t out of them!
    Signed, One Happy Customer!
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Spokane, WA aka Spokanistan, or Spoklahoma, or...
    Have not even looked at your shop yet, but being that I shave DE and straight, and you seem like a nice enough guy, expect some business from me tonight after work

Your doing great Tom. your a kind person to deal with.

the only thing i want to point out is that i wanna see more aften updates on products.

things i like to see would be
    TOBS shaving creams. sandalwood,mr taylor,st james edt. etc also aftershaves,balms and preshave oil.
    more vintage razors
    local pottery maker who makes your shaving bowl designs.
    vintage brushes NOS
    hones
    more of your soap with new fragrances
    a good strop for a fair price
    make smal begginer deals with brush,razor,and soap.
    maybe a knifeholder in wood with hidden scruws in 2-3 woods

i can keep going for a long time on stuff im weak for lol

Cool. Great suggestions! Keep em coming!
    09/06

Agree with Magnus regarding a small beginner deal with brush razor and soap. I didn't get a straight for Christmas, and am still considering giving it a try and would love to support someone on the boards here.

And where is the strop you said you were getting

Really, though, I have never had any issues. One thing you might consider on the knife side is to move all the available products to page one and keep the items marked sold on the 2nd page. Statistically speaking the less clicks to get to an item the more likely it will sell.

Quote Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
    My wife also uses their make-up brushes, but enough of that "girl talk" (sorry Lucretia ).
    You know most of the members of this forum are wearing guyliner!

I gave up on the makeup years ago. Got fixed up fancy to go out, and hubby's comment was "you've got stuff on your face." Now I figure he should be thankful I shower every day. (Can you tell we're coming up on 29 years married?)

Customer service for the shop has been great. One thing I'd like to see on the web site is a way to sort for currently available knives, rather than just have them intermixed with sold items.
    Now is not the time to bother me. And it's always now. Wiley Miller

Matt, that's my next tweak, and why I haven my been marking too many as sold. Again, thanks!

Now to get more knives....
    09/06

How would you guys like a few badger brushes, horsehair brushes, alum, aftershaves, and new DEs (and straights, on order)? Would these products interest you?

Oh, the strops are still coming. I've decided I like a certain leather best, and that's good enough for me!
    09/06