XLG Claro Walnut Burl - Extra Bold Stabilized Blocks - Free Shipping

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burl Source

Weird Wood Pusher
Reaction score
I just finished adding a bunch of new blocks of stabilized walnut to our web store. Many of these are extra large with really bold figure. All of these blocks were professionally stabilized by K&G. During 2012 repeat customers and forum members could get a discount by entering a promotion code during check out.
But when I ran year end reports I found that was over 90% of the purchases. So instead of making you guys enter a special code, I just lowered the prices.
Now you don't have to enter any codes or anything else. I have also programmed the store software to automatically apply a volume discount for orders over $200 and an additional discount for purchases over $500. Now you don't have to do anything other than select the pieces you want and the store software gives you my best prices automatically.
The prices on these blocks average $40 to $50 each. Once you see the dimensions and individual photos, I think you will agree that these are a good deal on some great looking walnut.

Use this link or click on the photos to go where these blocks are located in the store.

Free Shipping Worldwide - Money Back Guarantee

What Mark failed to mention is that this is some of the best Walnut Burl he has ever seen!

It looks kind of yucky right now because I sprayed the blocks with a light coat of lacquer in sub freezing temperatures.
That makes the lacquer look kind of foggy. This batch of walnut is really good stuff.

Uh... That ain't ugly.
I am glad you can see beyond my poor photography.
I am hoping to see some of the walnut used on kitchen knives this year. In my opinion it is some really good looking wood.

I was thinking pistol grips, but I would need the right gun first. Anyway musing aside great looking pieces hope they find new owners soon.

I have a bunch of walnut already. I use it a LOT but natural with an London gunmaker style oil finish. Customers love the stuff.

Looks like it would make some fine pistol grips too.

Looks like it would make some fine pistol grips too.

Matt, I think you are psycho.
.......I mean psychic.
The most recent pieces of this that sold are going to a guy who makes grips for 1911s.

I think pesky & tk got the ball rolling with these. About half of the walnut has sold now.

I snagged the top right block in the second pic.........WOW!!! this walnut will give a chunk of koa a run for it's money.

Back