• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Hattori HD Series 240 gyuto with custom handle

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mano

Reaction score
Hattori HD Series 240 gyuto with a custom ironwood burl handle by kaeleb. Very little use. Sharpened a couple of times, last when I took a sharpening class with Dave Martell and I used it maybe twice since then.

My pictures don't pick up the damascus but this is a really nice looking knife.
IMG_0562.jpg
IMG_0563.jpg
This was from Korin under the rebranded Ittosai name, but it’s exact same knife as the Hattori HD-8 from Japanese Chef’s Knife:

http://japanesechefsknife.com/HDSeries.html

JCK’s price is $220 including shipping and that’s my price with the custom rehandle.

Click for a picture of the entire knife.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/819/ittosai.jpg/

Um yeah...that's nice. I can't believe its still here?

Why is this still here??????

It is also an outstanding cutter. Very thin behind the edge. If I didn't already have one, I'd buy it.

I spent Xmas and New Years using a Korin rebranded HD that I had Dave rehandle that I gave to my brother for Xmas. I'm not a big fan of VG10 but with this knife the heat treat makes it much less chippy that other non Hattori knives I have used. I had forgotten about how good the geometry is with this knife. Not too flat or too much belly. This is a great all-arounder if you are looking for a good 1st knife. The rehandle is just a bonus!

The knife has some rub marks from sharpening and a scratch on the kanji side. Once I find my camera I'll take better pictures.

Sold, donation sent & will be shipped today.

Hi

I'd like to resell this to finance a new Sakai, please send best offers

Alan

Back