• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS 350mm sujihiki - 1.2442 steel - With saya

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SylvainM

KKF Supporting Craftsman
Reaction score
Hello all,

As I set myself an objective this year of going to bigger blades (my past production was centered on the French market with many blades in the 160-200mm range), I allowed myself to build a nice little sujihiki for fun.
As you'll see from the specs this is a rather "thin" sujihiki which may not be the perfect fit if you're working to cut down an entire raw thuna, but will be perfect to slice through quarters or cut sashimis, tataki and other tartar.

Specs :
- Forged in 1.2442 carbon steel (1,15% Carbon, 2% tungsten, same "family" as APEX Ultra I may say), agressive cutting and good edge retention
- Approx. 64 HRC
- Blade is 350mm for 325mm cutting edge, 38mm tall at heel
- Blade is selectively quenched but honyaki is not polished / revealed (I've been slightly lazy on this one ;) )
- Spine is 3mm at heel and tapering to 1.3mm before tip
- Weight : 199 gramms
- Overall length (without saya) : 500 mm
- Handle is European walnut and ebony
- Custom saya is American walnut
- Sharpened on naniwa pros up to 5k grit and finish on a JNAT bought from Milan approx. 8-10k grit

Asking 800 € 850 Euros / 930 USD shipped with insurance

Any question please feel free to shoot, either in this thread or through messaging.

Attachments

• 1_IG.jpg
    1_IG.jpg
    215.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 2_IG.jpg
    2_IG.jpg
    226.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 3_IG.jpg
    3_IG.jpg
    208.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 4_IG.jpg
    4_IG.jpg
    302.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 5_IG.jpg
    5_IG.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 6_IG.jpg
    6_IG.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
It would have been with pleasure but I don't work stainless, or at least not on this size of blade. Also would be a pity, it tends to be less interesting in terms of cutting than carbon 😬

Back