• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Dalman honyaki gyuto and metal monkey compact gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm trying to reduce the amount of knifes I have as I prepare for more coming in 😳. Im putting several used but great knifes up sale priced to sell so others can enjoy them and they don't just sit around not cutting anything like they were intended to do. I'll update with more pics later on or if requested.

First up is a Dalman honyaki gyuto. Its 184mm x 51 mm and weighs153g. I'm the second owner of this little guy and it's seen its fair share of use. It could use a good polish and the tip isn't as pointy as it once was. It originally sold for around $500 usd and I fit it via trade for the same. I'm selling it today for $385 shipped conus

Second is a metal monkey compact gyuto. Its 197mm x 47mm amd weighs 153g. I believe I'm the third owner but the first two didn't use it or just used it for test cuts. I had this listed in an older thread which I'm withdrawaling to consolidate threads and drop the price. I got this via trade for $700 I believe and an selling it today for $500 shipped conus

Next up is a Takeda bunka that I bought around 2011-2012. It's 170mm x 52mm and weighs 111g. I'm the sole owner, it's been used a but and touched up a few times on a 6000. It comes with a really cool leatger sheath made by Galen Garetson of town cutler at his old sf store before he moved to oakland then reno. This was pre new grind and pre nas. I can't remember what I bought it for, I think it was $385 and the sheath was $35. I'm selling it for shipped conus for $400 *SOLD*

Finally I have a Yu Kurosaki Houou bunka its 173mm x 48 mm and weighs 118g I got via trade from the original owner. He paid $300 I believe and used/sharpened it. I got ot for a TV of $275 amd haven't used it. It's a really cool little knife but never got thrown into the rotation. I'm selling it today shipped conus for $225 *SOLD*

Please let me know of you have any questions, comments, or if you would like to see more photos. All the knifes have been used and I will take a videos so you can see the exact condition if/when Pmd about a knife. I'm open to trade offers as well.

Cheers, Joe

Attachments

• 20240329_125008.jpg
    20240329_125008.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240329_124907.jpg
    20240329_124907.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240329_125033.jpg
    20240329_125033.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240329_125029.jpg
    20240329_125029.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I've got a 190 Dalman Honyaki that was one of the first I got and it's still going strong after lots of other knives have been sold on. Such a great little knife. GLWS!

Hi all, I'm trying to reduce the amount of knifes I have as I prepare for more coming in 😳. Im putting several used but great knifes up sale priced to sell so others can enjoy them and they don't just sit around not cutting anything like they were intended to do. I'll update with more pics later on or if requested.

First up is a Dalman honyaki gyuto. Its 184mm x 51 mm and weighs153g. I'm the second owner of this little guy and it's seen its fair share of use. It could use a good polish and the tip isn't as pointy as it once was. It originally sold for around $500 usd and I fit it via trade for the same. I'm selling it today for $385 shipped conus

Second is a metal monkey compact gyuto. Its 197mm x 47mm amd weighs 153g. I believe I'm the third owner but the first two didn't use it or just used it for test cuts. I had this listed in an older thread which I'm withdrawaling to consolidate threads and drop the price. I got this via trade for $700 I believe and an selling it today for $500 shipped conus

Next up is a Takeda bunka that I bought around 2011-2012. It's 170mm x 52mm and weighs 111g. I'm the sole owner, it's been used a but and touched up a few times on a 6000. It comes with a really cool leatger sheath made by Galen Garetson of town cutler at his old sf store before he moved to oakland then reno. This was pre new grind and pre nas. I can't remember what I bought it for, I think it was $385 and the sheath was $35. I'm selling it for shipped conus for $400

Finally I have a Yu Kurosaki Houou bunka its 173mm x 48 mm and weighs 118g I got via trade from the original owner. He paid $300 I believe and used/sharpened it. I got ot for a TV of $275 amd haven't used it. It's a really cool little knife but never got thrown into the rotation. I'm selling it today shipped conus for $225

Please let me know of you have any questions, comments, or if you would like to see more photos. All the knifes have been used and I will take a videos so you can see the exact condition if/when Pmd about a knife. I'm open to trade offers as well.

Cheers, Joe
Yo Joe pruner! It's Kevin McGuigan! Haha that metal monkey is sick bro... still have my yoshihiro kiritsuke? Haha

Back