best way to clean your hand after sharpening

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cchhcccch

Reaction score
I use dish washing liquid with 3m sponge to wash my hand .
It works well but I wonder if there are better ways .

1710391585518.png

It might sound weird but I have taken to trying to wear disposable gloves, when I remember. Otherwise I have these almost tattooed hands for the rest of the week!

After sharpening? Nothing special.

After thinning… depends on the job. Warm soapy water which I always prepare in the sink nearby anyway and a brush. But yeah clipping your nails might help with « residuals » if you’re not the kind to do so everyday.

There is a soap for metal/garage workers, its in liquid form with granules in it for exfoliation. Is it better then normal soap and a good scrub, don't know.

There is a soap for metal/garage workers, it’s in liquid form with granules in it for exfoliation. Is it better than normal soap and a good scrub, don't know.
You can get that for bike mechanics too - not sure how good those beads are for the planet though.

It might sound weird but I have taken to trying to wear disposable gloves, when I remember. Otherwise I have these almost tattooed hands for the rest of the week!
Tbh I also ended up with that as my solution, I had tried a bunch of different things but nothing got them clean-clean right away if I had done a bunch of knives or a big thinning/repair job.

Back