Blade Show Atlanta 2024

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheDza

Reaction score
Having never been to one of these before I'm curious about an event like this. Is it usually non chef/kitchen knife makers? I'm not really all that interested in folding knives and the like, would it still be worthwhile for me to go? I'm in Charlotte and have friends in Atlanta so it would be a good weekend trip regardless, just wondering if I include a visit to the Blade Show as well.

It's about 90% non-chef knives. That said, it's a pretty neat event for meeting makers and checking out their stuff. My favorite contingent of makers to speak to are the Brazilians who tend to cluster nearby in the main ballroom; they are a lot of fun to speak with and always bring fun pieces to view.

Also some amazing art knife pieces you can't see almost anywhere else; Jean-Louis Regel and Veronique Laurent tend to sit next to each other. They both do amazing inlay work and have some overlap with the kitchen knife scene, though strongly in the art side.

I skipped having a table last year. I make decent sakes and there's always a chance of a purveyor walking by and snatching up everything on your table, but wow it was just going to be too costly for me that time and working on Wootz doesn't afford me much time to bring enough pieces to Bladeshow. It's going to be the same this year as well. Maybe next year.

I've only been there as a seller and I'm usually whooped by the end of each day so I don't go to The Pit and socialize, but I hear it's a lot of fun.

Come to the East Coast gathering in the DC area on July 14. Besides a bunch of KKFers and a few hundred knives, there should be 6-7 knifemakers attending.

I've been twice, last year and about 10 years prior.

Not much kitchen knife representation but they are there. Yes to the nerdy kids. Good to do every now and then but I wouldn't do it every.

Spyderco has won the "Booth Babe" contest both times.

Having never been to one of these before I'm curious about an event like this. Is it usually non chef/kitchen knife makers? I'm not really all that interested in folding knives and the like, would it still be worthwhile for me to go? I'm in Charlotte and have friends in Atlanta so it would be a good weekend trip regardless, just wondering if I include a visit to the Blade Show as well.
Its worth checking out if you at all interested in knives and in the area....very cool to see such a wide array, no idea how many individual knives are there, but its in the tens of thousands if I had to guess....I'll be there with a table.....26N to be precise....stop by and say hey, I'll give you a prize 😉

Takeda used to operate a table at Bladeshow. I've met him several times there. Bought a stone once too. (Though that last time was in 2018. He no longer attends).

It was always nice having a table or booth ID because we were able to pick and choose from the wood vendors before the public.

The years I've been there you would have seen my table with Sanmai and Wootz. The last time I even had several Jnats on the table.

Yeah, it is a freaking zoo. If you are into pocket knives and sport knives, it is overwhelming because you don't know where to spend any money. It is insane exposure to the whole knife world. I haven't gone in a minute, 10 years, so I can only imagine how big it has gotten. I am giving serious thoughts to going this year.

The kitchen knife contingent has seen steady growth over the last few years. Everybody wants to be the next Bob Kramer. Not going this year but I was really surprised how many makers were focusing on culinary blades last year.

Like most have said it is a big majority of folding and handmade fixed blade (tactical/hunting/edc) knives and a smaller majority of makers who focus on kitchen cutlery. But there has been steady growth each year of culinary blades.
I will be there setup at table 14V in the main room.
Stop by and say hi.

Back