• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTT BNIB Milan Nakiri

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Not in a rush to trade this but I know I prefer Gyutos instead of Nakiris. I have no problems keeping this for ARM either, really just looking at options.

Trade Value (my cost after shipping) ~$850
Looking for 240-255 gyutos, 52mm+ height, prefer western makers.

From Milan -

Nakiri, Nijiru line

Forged in San Mai "dirty" wrought iron on the sides and 135Cr3 steel on the cutting edge.

Kuroushi.
Stone shaped and stone polished bevels, finished with Japanese natural stone Kasabori (a fine Ikarashi in the 4/5k range).

Blade length is 190mm, 52mm height at heel, 4-1.2mm thickness on spine, 193 grams.
The handle is octagonal, made of chesnut burl.

Comes with a Maple saya.

My garbage pics below -
IMG_4519.jpeg

IMG_4519.jpeg
IMG_4520.jpeg
IMG_4521.jpeg
IMG_4522.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4518.jpeg
    IMG_4518.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4523.jpeg
    IMG_4523.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Bump.

I’ll give this one or 2 more days. Got some interesting offers but not quite what I was hoping for.
Have someone lined up to buy for cash if the trade doesn’t come along.

Haven’t cut with it yet but it feels so good in hand it’s actually crazy. The length is perfect and the height doesn’t FEEL as tall as it is.

I almost put it on my nightstand just so I could look at it all night too. The wrought is just stunning
Beautiful knife… but 52 isn’t tall for a nakiri 😁

Back