"CrudeKnives" on Etsy - Great for learning, or if you want to do a little work.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jman8310

Reaction score
So I'm a beginner, who was just looking for a cheap Chinese cleaver. That's when I stumbled upon CrudeKnives the Etsy shop. This seller makes his knives very crude, as described in the name of his shop. The knives are made of leaf spring steel, like older Dao Vua knives. When I say crude, I mean, unfinished wood handle, without even an end cap, and the black stuff above the blade rubbed off and into my onion. So, after a vinegar bath and wiping the black stuff off, staining and sealing the handle, and putting on a decent edge, I am enjoying my 7 inch Chinese vegetable cleaver. Bottom line, I would never recommend these knives to the average cook who's wanting a complete package. I would, however, highly recommend these knives to beginners who are looking into learning how to work on knives, install custom handles, practice sharpening on something cheap, practice grinding, thinning, etc. and I would imagine that their 12" machete is absolutely perfect as is.
Knives on stands.jpg
Knives on stands 2.0.jpg
Knives - handle stained.jpg

Back