• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB Gesshin Ginga (Ashi)

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakuda

Reaction score
I've been really enjoying the Ashi I have so I wanted to try the Gesshin version with harder heat treat AEBL steel.
Looking for 210-240 gyuto, suji/gyuto hybrid

I've been really enjoying the Ashi I have so I wanted to try the Gesshin version with harder heat treat AEBL steel.
Looking for 210-240 gyuto, suji/gyuto hybrid

If you can't find one here on BST, Razorsharp in Singapore also sells a version of the ashi ginga in AEB-L treated to 61 hrc. They don't expressly mention international shipping on their website but you can contact them and they will ship internationally: https://www.razorsharp.com.sg/contact.html

I've also seen the "extra hard" version sold by ebay vendor bluewayjapan, who has been highly regarded around these parts for a long time. I don't know if he currently has any in stock but you can send him a message.

Good luck 👍

I have a wa handle version. It is actually a 270 gyuto. It is made by Ashi Hamono to the Ginga specifications: rounded choil and spine, harder heat treat AEBL. Let me know if you are interested. Very slightly lightly used in home kitchen. Never sharpened, just stropped. $250 shipped CONUS. It was sold as a Fu Rin Ka Zan on Japanese Chef Knives, but it is made by Ashi.

If you can't find one here on BST, Razorsharp in Singapore also sells a version of the ashi ginga in AEB-L treated to 61 hrc. They don't expressly mention international shipping on their website but you can contact them and they will ship internationally: https://www.razorsharp.com.sg/contact.html

I've also seen the "extra hard" version sold by ebay vendor bluewayjapan, who has been highly regarded around these parts for a long time. I don't know if he currently has any in stock but you can send him a message.

Good luck 👍
thanks for the tips. I got my ashi from bluewayjapan also. Will send them a message about the extra hard version to see if they can source.

I have a wa handle version. It is actually a 270 gyuto. It is made by Ashi Hamono to the Ginga specifications: rounded choil and spine, harder heat treat AEBL. Let me know if you are interested. Very slightly lightly used in home kitchen. Never sharpened, just stropped. $250 shipped CONUS. It was sold as a Fu Rin Ka Zan on Japanese Chef Knives, but it is made by Ashi.
unfortunately, not looking for a 270mm right now

Back