Knives & Stones Got a Syousin Sakura already? Claim your saya here.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pkjames

KKF Sponsor
Reaction score
So along with the new custom saya offering for the Sakura, many of you who already own a Sakura may feel like missing out a bit since it is only available as a package. And even if I offer it at $40, you may still feel the same because you will need to pay the shipping!

Oh well, before you start abusing me for offering something "no complete", how about this:
Anyone who already own a Syousin Sakura, before me posting this thread, is entitled to claim one for FREE!

All you need to do is give me a shout here before 15/May. By then I should be able to make a batch with all types / length. I will then post them to you (you pay shipping). Since most of the Sakura was shipped to the US, I will see if I could post all of them to one person and distribute locally, so that you pay far less shipping.

Early birds will always be looked after at K&S :laugh:

Cheers,
James

That is insanely generous of you. Especially considering the labour involved with making them all yourself. I'm sure everyone will be very happy with this gesture.

James,
Does the offer for a free saya count if I have paid for one but have not received it?
Of course in fairness, I have yet to send you my family name in traditional Kanji.

No worries either way.

Paul

James,
Does the offer for a free saya count if I have paid for one but have not received it?
Of course in fairness, I have yet to send you my family name in traditional Kanji.

No worries either way.

Paul

Of course you are in!

Very nice, James! Count me in for my 240 gyuto for certain! Got any of that cool maple lying around?

That's awesome James! Guess I shouldn't have waited for the passaround to eventually make it to Portland to get one!

That's awesome James! Guess I shouldn't have waited for the passaround to eventually make it to Portland to get one!

this is something I certainly didn't think about.
1. for whoever is already in the passaround, the 5% stands.
2. If you were to purchase the Sakura after trying, apart from the 5% you are getting, you will only need to pay extra US$20 for the saya, which is about the postage you would otherwise pay to get the free saya shipped to you. That makes the grand total to US$420.

James, I just got a Syousin Sakura Kirisuke Shaped Wa Gyuto 240mm. Let me know if I can get a saya for it. In all, thanks a lot, no pressure here.

this is something I certainly didn't think about.
1. for whoever is already in the passaround, the 5% stands.
2. If you were to purchase the Sakura after trying, apart from the 5% you are getting, you will only need to pay extra US$20 for the saya, which is about the postage you would otherwise pay to get the free saya shipped to you. That makes the grand total to US$420.

James, you are by far one of the best vendors I've come across! Thanks for your generous gestures!

+1

With all these give aways are you competing in some kind of vendor of the year competition im unaware of ;)

Ive received a k tip gyuto today with saya too! (Am i the first?? :D). Great job on the saya james, easily the best friction fit I've seen yet! Very impressive.
Too bad this knife isnt for me lol

James, I just got a Syousin Sakura Kirisuke Shaped Wa Gyuto 240mm. Let me know if I can get a saya for it. In all, thanks a lot, no pressure here.

as long as it was ordered and paid for before this post :)

+1

With all these give aways are you competing in some kind of vendor of the year competition im unaware of ;)

lol, i am trying to earn my pro craftsman's badge, need to pump a lot more sayas out :justkidding:

Hi all, just a bump that the deadline to respond is tomorrow, May 15th, for those who bought a Syuisin Sakura before James started this thread.
For those of you in the U.S., James and I are discussing a way to get them to everyone for a reasonable cost.

They are flying out!
ImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1432775808.283651.jpg

Just got the saya yesterday. Great work, James! The saya is a perfect fit, not too bulky and perfectly thin in profile.
Also are a couple pics of the handle after I re-profiled it by rounding the bottom portion and repolished it. It looks a little more wonky in the cell pics than in person.

Thanks again, James.

Mine arrived today too. It looks beautiful and fits perfectly. Took a picture but did figure out how to upload here. Anyway, thanks a lot!

Back