hinoki cutting boards

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
any yall use hinoki boards? how durable is it for daily use?

home use NEED NOT APPLY.
Fnck you; home user here. I f’d one up ugly bad using a bone cleaver on some bird femurs.
Otherwise that are good for my goddamn refined edges. Even with cleaver divots breaking the monotony.

(add) they are much nicer to my high-end iron than the polyolefin boards I thought were good. Recommend.

Get a Hasegawa, throw it in the dishwasher aka don’t you worry about a thing 👍

most importantly, can it survive passing through dish machine or is it just gonna warp?
Only if there's a TF in it also. Something about a protection spell, "Pearls, bippity bop swine, I grant you immunity from the ill effects of the dish machine, it's double boil and toil hot water and strong sanitizer"

I bought a smaller 9.45 x 16.54 x 0.59 inches one off amazon back in 2017 for like $31 that is two sided marked for fish meat on one side and vegetables on the other. It has held up really well. Larger cleavers will leave dents though being softer wood, but great on edges. I only use it for smaller jobs now or when working with meat fish. I just wash in the sink and wipe dry. I do stand it on end for storage under my island.

100% will not survive a pro environment.... it just barely survives home use.

low cost and great for your knives though.

Back