• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Bought Ho D handle or similar for 210 gyuto (US)

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carlo

Reaction score
I’m looking for one or two classic D handles with horn ferrule like those that come from JNS -the ones with the silver sticker. Specifically looking for a match for an undersized 210 gyuto.

If there’s a vendor anyone knows who has them and can do an install I’d happily go that route.

Thanks!

Last edited:
I’m looking for one or two classic D handles with horn ferrule like those that come from JNS -the ones with the silver sticker. Specifically looking for a match for an undersized 210 gyuto.

If there’s a vendor anyone knows who has them and can do an install I’d happily go that route.

Thanks!
Has anyone responded to you? I’ve come to realize that I prefer ho D handles as well. Love the ones on JNS Toyamas.

You know, i got a couple offers, however they had pretty big cavities for the tang, and I was anxious about getting it straight (1st time doing an install), so I ended up using a custom handle I had lying around and I’m happy with it.

I really wasn’t expecting to love the basic D handles but they are my favorite with the possible exception of the Khii ones that Konosuke uses.

Those Khii handles are really knice material. If you like those, you should try a Shihan rehandle at some point if you haven’t already. His handles are some of my favorites as well and have a similar feel to the Kono handles but with more traditional tapered dimensions.

You know, i got a couple offers, however they had pretty big cavities for the tang, and I was anxious about getting it straight (1st time doing an install)

just for future reference, I’ve only done one install, but the hole was very large as well. I just poured bees wax in, gave it a minute to cool a bit and pushed the tang in, wiping away the excess of course. It was very forgiving and worked really well for me. And if you want, you can always seal the top with appoxy. Just my 2 cents

Back