• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS Kagekiyo B2 240mm - Price Drop

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Putting this up for sale as it gets no use. I’m the original owner and it has been
minimally used and never sharpened. Little bits of patina on the edge which I can remove if desired. Asking $475 shipped CONUS.

230mm heel to tip
50mm at the heel
~3.5/2/1
147gr

Attachments

• IMG_4647.jpeg
    IMG_4647.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4648.jpeg
    IMG_4648.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4649.jpeg
    IMG_4649.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4650.jpeg
    IMG_4650.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4651.jpeg
    IMG_4651.jpeg
    772.1 KB · Views: 0
Kagekiyo B2 kasumi is rather short, around 48mm. Comes with magnolia urushi handle. So it’s very light. First time to see a tall enough 50mm version if ever.

Last edited:
It just says "blue steel", so without additional information or context, it could be either.
Actually this is how the retailer Knife Life describes them. Also answers the what wood is it question.

Kagekiyo Blue steel 2 Gyuto knife 240mm (9.5") Magnolia Wood Urushi lacquer handle​

Last edited:
Actually this is how the retailer Knife Life describes them. Also answers the what wood is it question.

Kagekiyo Blue steel 2 Gyuto knife 240mm (9.5") Magnolia Wood Urushi lacquer handle​

👍 I was just referring to the 青鋼 kanji on the back side of the blade as OP hasn't confirmed which store the knife comes from. Given the weight of the knife, it does seem likely to be a ho wood handle.

Back