• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS Kajiwara 165mm Kurouchi Western Deba in Aogami 2 with Leather Saya

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

btbyrd

Reaction score
A monster rustic western deba. It's a whopping 9.25mm thick at the heel and maintains a lot of girth along the full length of the blade which is 167mm from heel to tip. Oval rosewood handle with pakka ferrule.

Though I've had this knife for years, it's mostly been a drawer queen. I've used it to spatchcock maybe ten chickens and have used it several times on king crab and some smaller fish. It's great for things like that.The heat treatment and grind mean that it's close to indestructible. The edge doesn't look brand new (I have not sharpened or even touched up the edge) but it looks remarkably fresh considering the amount of moderate abuse it's seen. It's not really abuse... this thing was built to throw down. Heavy duty heavy metal. Speaking of weight, the knife weighs 296g.

It comes with a leather saya made by The Proper Apron Company. There's a hole on the saya for a pin, but that seemed to be stressing out the leather so I just use it as a friction fit saya (it fits great and doesn't come off unless you want it to).

This was $165 new and I think the saya was like $45. Asking $115 shipped.

I just added a video overview a few posts down.

Pics:
E4D28667-1E5E-4DCB-8ECF-ED15BC91D315.jpeg

1B3CCBA4-C5CE-415B-B386-B2C98EE3D1F6.jpeg

3F2FC3DD-551E-4CA2-B360-EA88F7CEE044.jpeg

B19FEE8E-35ED-493F-B327-0AFBAD4CB12F.jpeg

crab_deba1.jpg

Here is an overview of the 180mm version.

Last edited:
Back