• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTT Konosuke FM W#1 "Thin-type" 240MM

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It's a long story about why this is now up for trade, but to save us all some time, I happen to have two of these "thin" edition FMs. It's brand new, never used, never even cut paper.

Before somebody asks - no I did not thin this blade, this is the naming convention Konosuke gave it because it is thinner than traditional FMs. There isn't a big elaborate story about why it is this way, Tanaka-san happened to make a couple knives thinner than he normally does, and here we are. But they did note it on the box and mention it when I bought it so that my expectations were set that it was quite a bit thinner than your average FM.

IMG_4965.jpg

The second one I have is thinner than this one, but its still incredibly thin. For those of you who saw this thread, the one up for trade is the choil shot on the right: 2 Knives, same model, slightly different weight/thickness which would you choose?

This one also comes with Konosuke's new premium boxes (the box above is the original, then the new one was sent to me). It's a black box made out of wood, very solid, and fits the Konosuke leather saya that comes with the knife as well. Apparently these will be the new standard boxes for "special" knives in the future.

IMG_4959.jpg

Weight: 192g
Length: 232mm
Height: 53-54mm

I don't have calipers but look at the videos if you need other proportions. You get the knife, the nice new box (I want the other one for my other knife), and the leather Konosuke saya.

Been wanting a Kamon for awhile, so hoping to trade for one. Looking for a denty that is shorter in length (220-240). Ideally not a Massdrop or an integral. Open to options and adding as necessary.

Not looking to sell. Trade value around $900.

Attachments

• IMG_4961.mp4
    4.7 MB
  • IMG_4964.mp4
    6.1 MB
  • IMG_4962.jpg
    IMG_4962.jpg
    929 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4963.jpg
    IMG_4963.jpg
    726.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited: