• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS Maillet nakiri, Hyde gyuto, Hyde chopper

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all,

Putting some knives up for sale due to incoming pieces. All are great performers, have been lightly used, and have not been sharpened.

Simon Maillet nakiri
205x68mm
26c3 and soft iron
201g
Comes with a nice saya
Paid $612 (not incl. shipping + fees). Asking $500.
Fun XL-nakiri. Great when you want a bit more length and height for chopping leafy greens.

Henry Hydes semi-integral chef
185x50mm
125Cr1
172g
Paid $440 (not incl. shipping + taxes). Asking $350.
Henry's semi-integral is very comfortable in a pinch grip. I'm not a fan of super light knives that aren't petties and find this to be a good weight for its size. Picks up patina quickly.

Henry Hyde chopper
197x74mm
Don't recall the steel - it's the same stuff he makes his stock Chinese chefs and chopper knives from
180g
Paid $390 (not inc. shipping + taxes). Asking $300.
I happen to like the shape of this chopper. A bit of a tip, but doesn't feel out of place here. Picks up patina quickly. Probably would benefit from sharpening which I'll leave to the next owner. A good buy for someone who is chopper-curious and wants to try out a Western maker.

Attachments

• IMG_0107.jpg
    IMG_0107.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0106.jpg
    IMG_0106.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0108.jpg
    IMG_0108.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0111.jpg
    IMG_0111.jpg