Martin Huber Gyuto Passaround

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2 knives passed around and 2 knives damaged.

It happens, if anyone feels confident straightening feel free.
I'll give it a wiggle on my bendy stick. It's a gradual consistent curve so should be fixable.

Current condition. Lovely patina. Haven't tested the edge yet.

20240328_174624.jpg

Gonna be some rambling here. This is a fun knife. I love the look with the grind marks. I don't think the bend affects the performance at all. Develops a lovely blue and purple patina. A bit too heavy and blade forward for my liking, but I suspected that going in. I tend to prefer lasers. Handle was comfortable and easy to grip.

Edge needs sharpening but I mostly wanted to test geometry. It performed OK on carrots, with some wedging in the bigger pieces. When just using the tip it worked much better. Nice distal taper on it. I'd buy a lighter, thinner version of it for sure.

20240402_183422.jpg

Shipping to Heckel on Friday.

Knife is on its way to @Stevem627

Thanks again to @Gshep91 for casting this lovely gyuto out for us knife freaks to lay our grubby mitts on. It’s a lovely knife. Quite forward balanced, which I like. Feels very nimble for a 240. I actually thought it was a 210 before I looked it up again. I prepped a few meals with it and it handled everything great. Maybe a little wedgy on dense product, but nothing extreme. All in all a super solid blade. It convinced me to send a message to Messerschmied Huber to see if he could make something special just for me.

Back