• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS Nakagawa B1 Damascus

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I dug this one out for a forum member to take a look at. Might as well get it up for sale while I have all the specs. I’m the original owner. Used a couple of times, never sharpened. Very light patina. Balance point is right at the maker’s mark. $475 shipped CONUS. Not interested in trades. As has been brought up in the thread, this knife may not be sharpened by Myojin. It is what I was told and my own research tells me, but I admit that others have far more knowledge than I do.

230mm heel to tip
50mm tall
~3.5/2/1
216gr.

Attachments

• IMG_4570.jpeg
    IMG_4570.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4571.jpeg
    IMG_4571.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4572.jpeg
    IMG_4572.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4574.jpeg
    IMG_4574.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4575.jpeg
    IMG_4575.jpeg
    963.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4576.jpeg
    IMG_4576.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4584.jpeg
    IMG_4584.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4582.jpeg
    IMG_4582.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Are you sure this is Myojin? The ones I've seen have the myojin-style chamfer on the spine/choil, similar to on the other knives he sharpens.

Are you sure this is Myojin? The ones I've seen have the myojin-style chamfer on the spine/choil, similar to on the other knives he sharpens.
That’s what I was told when I bought it. Through my own research that is what I believe is true.

Attachments

• IMG_4586.jpeg
    IMG_4586.jpeg
    316.3 KB · Views: 0
That’s what I was told when I bought it. Through my own research that is what I believe is true.
OK thanks for the clarification. Because I know that Strata and RSK had some that looked just like that and similar handle with Sakai Kikumori branding that I was told was not Myojin. If you managed to get one from elsewhere that is actually Myojin without the typical beveling, that's pretty cool then. glws

Yeah the Myojin version is a shinier damascus, you can see there are vertical grind lines on the kikumori but can't see that on the myojin version:

kikumori:

kikumori.jpg

myojin.jpg

myojin version

and of course the spine chamfering as mentioned

Back