New from Texas

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DonRathbun

Reaction score
I am a long time knife collector, mostly production knives, and mostly useful ones. My recent passion has been electro etching, and I've put together a book on it that will be available soon. I started etching about 10 years ago, and struggled like most struggled, but figured it out, and now have a step by step guide for making machines that will etch, or mark, or both, and stencils that work and are actually easy. The only tools are a wire stripper and screwdriver to assemble a machine. No solder, no switches.

Not selling other products or machines (the book will be on the big cloud book store), since all the parts are available. My big audience will people who want to decorate tumblers using stencils from their vinyl cutter, but knife makers are closer to my heart and history, and in addition to makers marks, there is a lot of fun in decorating a knife.

My background is programming and now websites. I learned to program on punched cards in college.

I can answer a lot of electro etch questions, but am not active on social much. Once the book is out, if you want a good thread on making a machine and thermal stencils, let me know. If you have any questions, let me know.

Too long an intro. If an electro etch book author doesn't belong here, say the word.

Don
[email protected]

Back