• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS Newham Magnacut 240 Gyuto (price drop)

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is a super special knife. Literally the only reason I am selling is because I was lucky enough to get on Will's list for a custom, and I feel like I don't need to hoard 2.

This knife is so good, that my new one is going to be very similar...mainly doing a new order because I want a saya, and Will didn't have time to make a saya for this one when I bought it direct.

This is Will's first Magnacut knife and it's a homerun. 64HRC, a beautiful and super rare birdseye rainbow rosewood handle, museum fit brass bolster, very thin convex grind, perfect size, etc etc.

Knife is in great shape. Has had a full progression done once, and touched up once on a high grit stone. BESS score right now is 215 which is plenty good for me, but could def get down to sub 100 with a sharpening. Conservatively I give the knife an 8.5/10 on condition, there are a few very light marks and scratches, see the video. Only other thing to note is the brass pins are very slightly proud of the handle, not a bother to me, might be better in your humidity, could be sanded down quite quickly, or just leave it.

Specs:
238mm edge
53.5mm height
207g

$900 $860 shipped in the US, message for international.

newham.jpg
newham1.jpg

newham2.jpg

handle3.jpg

newham3.jpg

newham4.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back