• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Ohira Uchigumori koppa - 1648g

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frosty

Reaction score
Picked this one up from Aframes last year and have since acquired a vintage Mizukihara uchi which I prefer, so I'm letting this one go to help fund some tool purchases I've been making.

Ohira Uchigumori koppa, 1648g, sides are sealed from Aframes. I've used it maybe a dozen times, and none of the lines seem toxic so far. Completely usable as is, or could be an absolute boat load of finger stones.

Slightly harder and slower, it generates black swarf quickly with straight water. Kicking up some mud with a diamond plate increases the speed and leaves a nice frosty finish on the jigane and a bright polish on the hagane. Will self mud with pressure, and the mud can be worked into a finer and finer slurry. This stone also really impressed me with the edges it can produce, refined toothy bite is my best description.

Link to the original listing for this stone: https://aframestokyo.com/collection...0-1oz-1648g-japanese-natural-sharpening-stone

$245 USD shipped, PP fees included. Ships from Canada.

Xyrl6Jlh.jpg

uOjua3ih.jpg

boJwyuGh.jpg

U27bEESh.jpg

SUHVl7wh.jpg

uYhSlOQh.jpg

CmM0h5Gh.jpg

5dQZmjOh.jpg

oSaJaXsh.jpg

EZ4yBk3h.jpg

My what an unusual introduction.

I believe I made an introduction post when I joined, I just don't do much in the way of kitchen knife related stuff until I got interested in Jnats thanks to @ethompson's negative influence.

Apologies if it came off wrong to be selling as a relatively inactive community member, I just haven't had a ton of valuable content to share.

@daveb just bought a stone from Frosty. Everything went smoothly, stone was delivered in a bomb proof box with plenty o bubble wrap. Highly recommended!

Back