• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Simon Maillet Ko Gyuto 195

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
For Sale: Simon Maillet Ko Gyuto 195x50 133gr Shirogami #1

Price:$290 Shipped USA

Picked this up from another member maybe a month or so ago and have actually really enjoyed it, its a fun size that id never had before and I found it quite useful as more of a utility/slicer. Touched up on stones once and this steel gets razor sharp, I have a larger Maillet Gyuto with the same core steel and it's a joy. Its also got the added benefit of a nice wrought iron cladding with stone ready bevels. I wanted to try and refresh the patina so I it to a small koppa I recently picked up and it was super easy. Got some decent contrast but I have used it since which you can tell from the pictures. Overall kind wish I was hanging onto this as I really think Simons work is some of my favorite I've tried yet but got some new makers coming in so I'm gonna pass this along. Link to original product page

IMG_2287.jpeg
IMG_2288.jpeg
IMG_2290.jpeg
IMG_2289.jpeg

Last edited:
Back