Knives & Stones Syousin Chiku AS staliness Clad, full gyuto line up added, free shipping!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pkjames

KKF Sponsor
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I have finally received some 240 and 270 gyutos. So the set is now pretty much complete. I really want you guys to try out this amazing new blades so I am enabling free-shipping for most countries. Make sure you grab yours before the 240/270s run out, they are quite limited.

Cheers
James

BTW: thanks @Jon for the tips on the choil shots, now its heaps better!

CAROUSE_KUROSAKI_CHIKU.jpg

240 Gytuo Choil
Syousin_Chiku_AS_Gyuto_240mm_choil__25929.1432559275.1280.1280.jpg

Couldn't resist. Just pulled the trigger. Thanks for the free shipping! Gives us stateside folks yet another incentive! As if we needed another.

Just got this in the mail, and I will reserve myself for now on giving too much feedback. But this is a keeper to say the least. Here is a teaser with it's new shoes which will all be going to Dave M. for some rehandling courtesy of Mikey K's generous giveaway.

dtjBORth.jpg

b5Hbmmm.jpg

More to come!

Just got mine yesterday. Definitely gonna do a video with this one. Prep machine and love the "square" hammer marks in the kurouchi.

I am really enjoying this knife now that I have had some more time to play with it. I will comment more formally soon, but initial impressions are very positive. Anyone else besides turbo have a chance to play with one? Turbo, any more thoughts on the knife?

I just got a 210 and 240 from James. Couldn't make up my mind so James sent me two to try out for myself. Wow this is a lot harder than I thought. Both knives are sooooo different from each other. I found that the 210 is much thinner throughout the blade , almost reminds me of my 210 kochi . Now the 240 is much more convex and cuts like a monster!!! I really want the 240 but the 210s size is so Damn perfect . Yai Yai Yai...... James does an exceptional job with his customer service and his chiku line is phenomenal to say the least. If I ever meet James, I will run and jump on him like he was my long lost daddy!! Someone give this guy a OTPHJ!!!

I normally am not a fan of the hammered finish...but I find myself really liking these. Maybe because the hammer marks are more subtle?

Anyway, nice job James!

Got a 240 a month ago. Ootb edge was ok but once I took it to gesshin 2k to 4k then deburr on balsa, wow. My first impressions on the grind were that it was more of a workhorse than laser. More like in between after I sharpened. Melted through lateral cuts on onion, I was shocked. This gyuto has been my go to prep knife as of now. Love love love it. I would give kurosaki an OTPHJ if I could

Back