• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS Takada HH 270mm Suji & Devin Thomas ITK 240mm AEB-L Gyuto [both pending]

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
BOTH KNIVES PENDING

My wife lost the diamond in her engagement right, so I’ve decided to part with two very special knives to help bankroll a new rock.

These are fantastic cutters, need no introduction. They are not in mint condition - I’d call them both ~7.5/10. In all honesty, my buddy took the photos and they appear a little nicer than in person - They are lovingly used and have minor scuffs and scrapes that do not affect performance.

Takada no Hamono HH 270mm Sujihiki Knife - Shirogami (White) #2 / Soft Iron Clad - $525

takada1.png

takada4.png

takada3.png

Rosewood Handle. Original box and packaging. Purchased new for https://protooling.com.au about 2-3 years ago and used in the kitchen sparingly, Absolute joy to slice proteins - raw or cooked. Like butter. Sharpened a handful times, has some vertical scuffs/lines and signs of use.

$525 obo

Devin Thomas ITK 240mm AEB-L Gyuto - $525

DT1.png

dt3.png

Used at least weekly for many years,.Purchased direct from Mark R in 2010. The AEB-L is just a wonderful material - cuts, sharpens, cleans like a dream. I sent this to Devin back in 2022 to refurbish, and he re-profiled the blade to have a narrower tip, refinished and rebalanced and refinished the rosewood handle. Some scuffs and minor imperfections from use. I haven’t measured, but I assume it’s probably ~8imm shorter than it was 14 years ago, due to sharpening.

$525 obo

BUNDLE AND SAVE:
combo.png

Both for $1000 obo.

Last edited:
Welcome. That's a hell of an introduction - my Devins are some of my favorites.

Pls note in the "Pls Read" thread - no linkys in your first 5 posts - the spamminator will chit can them.

Back