Thank you, 420layersofdank

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adirondack

Reaction score
Tonight my wife and another couple went to Bistro Blanc (north of DC) to celebrate my 60th birthday. I had heard good things about it and wanted to go somewhere that had a KKF member as chef to make it a bit more personal. I had PMed Chef Janny about coming and he was very welcoming. Well, the restaurant, food and especially Janny were all wonderful. He came out early on to meet us and I was surprised by how young he was and it was a thrill to meet my first forum member in person. It's nice to know you guys aren't all axe murderers. :lol2:

Janny was very generous, sending out little surprises for us throughout the meal. Had my first raw oyster as a shooter with blood Orange and other ingredients. Very refreshing. My main course was red snapper that included two of my favorite spring ingredients - morels and ramps. It was all excellent, as was everyone else's food.

I had brought a couple of knives for show and tell, but the kitchen was just too busy by the end of our meal to take Janny away from his work. Maybe another time. I hope our server conveyed to you, Janny, how truly appreciative we were of everything. It was a very memorable evening.

That's great! He and Marc served up a memorable dinner there for me and a handful of car club friends about 1-1/2 years ago. I know they didn't miss a beat when Marc moved to a place in Fells Point, although it's likely 420 has to put in even more hours than before. Great ingredients well-prepared, with some nice 'treats' thrown in here and there. Definitely a place to frequent if you live close to Columbia.

Very nice! I'm more than thrilled to admit I'm Janny's biggest fan, glad to here his fan club is growing!

Adirondack!! Check ur inbox!
Wow you guys are too flattering!! I really have to say that without Marcs humble structure of guidance and patience, I would probably not live to cook and cook to live. And hAve you seen his WHOLE knife collection? Enough said, I love you Marc Dixon. Let's just say If I was Bruce jenner, I would Tear Dat ass up !!!!

Latest posts

Back