The Washita Thread

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been experimenting with 100% olive oil soap and water with really good results, I might ditch oil altogether now and move to olive soap from now on. Olive oil soap is really slick non foaming.

I have been experimenting with 100% olive oil soap and water with really good results, I might ditch oil altogether now and move to olive soap from now on. Olive oil soap is really slick non foaming.
Be a bit careful with soap on stones that are a little porous (like washita), because soap scum can get trapped in the stone and is very hard to remove.

Be a bit careful with soap on stones that are a little porous (like washita), because soap scum can get trapped in the stone and is very hard to remove.
Yep noted, pretty sure it will be fine on finer grades like black/translucent Arks and my favourite...charnleys.

Do you know if this can be a problem with liquid hand dish soap? I add one drop per 120ml of water.

Completely forgot I’d had a little speculative bid on this one. And rather surprisingly won it. :)

One of the least common (and coolest) of old Pike labels, this is basically a No.1 rebranded for AB Salmen to sell in the British market. You can see their logo down at the bottom left - a happy coincidence that the Salmen salmon looks almost identical to the Pike pike.

IMG_4459.jpeg

IMG_4461.jpeg

IMG_4467.jpeg

Back