What did I buy (maker)?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sugi_84

Reaction score
542f2388-b734-4ce0-a279-95bbe0656b1e.jpg
20240317_173242.jpg
20240317_173242kanji.jpg

Picked this kamagata usuba up last week from A-Frames. In hindsight, it was probably a little irresponsible to purchase without knowing more about it, but I decided to rely on the seller selling me something ok. Plus I figured if anything I could try to resell it and buy something else later if I wanted to feed my new addiction. I have a bad memory and had a hard time hearing him (noisy) so I can't remember exactly what he said when I asked about the maker. This usuba is a White#2 and I think the kanji says "tetsu fune". The kanji not shown in the pictures on the other side says "white steel" according to google translate. Wish I had paid more attention to what it looked like when the handle was off

Just wondering if someone might know a bit more about this knife/its maker. DMing is fine, I don't want to upset anyone let alone the seller (if posting about the knife maker/seller is a touchy thing). What the seller described to me matches what is written on his website (A-Frames)...with regard to Tesshu (brand?)

**Update**
I'm an idiot and found my receipt where it very clearly says Tesshu. So I guess I'll never know who the maker is unless I take the handle off one day. Adventure for another time I guess.

**Update**
I'm an idiot and found my receipt where it very clearly says Tesshu. So I guess I'll never know who the maker is unless I take the handle off one day. Adventure for another time I guess.
Some of the Tesshu models do say who made it. Some don't though. Try finding the original listing.

Back