• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTT Yanick sujihiki honyaki / Kamon blacked out cleaver

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Romain

Reaction score
Hello KKF members,
I would like to see what I can catch with those 2 knives. I don't necessarily want to trade them (no sale, sorry), and I am not in a hurry.

1. Yanick honyaki sujihiki 305x41 mm in 135Cr3, around 220 g
This one came from the modern cooking auction. Fantastic knife, and a real unicorn, but I just don't use it a lot - I don't cut a lot of proteins.
I used it 3 times, never sharpened, pristine condition, just a discreet patina on it.

237305-4f5b72ce3424268629815076b32b374c.data.jpeg

2. Kamon "small" Cleaver, 200 x 83 mm, 1.2519, blacked out, 327 g, balance point on the maker's mark.
I get this one from a trade from the original owner who gets it on the modern cooking website. Link : Kamon Knives | Cleaver 200mm X 80mm "Wave" texture | Modern Cooking
Another crazy knife with the typical crazy distal taper from Ben's knives. Love this one. It has been used several times and stropped on a Aizu, never fully sharpened. Very thin BTE. Still very sharp.

tempImageNsGZZy.png

tempImageNT3QK4.png

I am looking primarily for a Kamon gigantoku / Milan recent work gyuto 240mm+ / maybe the9 / something interesting (mostly western makers) / nude pictures.

Thanks a a lot guys !

Romain

Last edited:
If you sell the Kamon cleaver please hit me up. I’ve been wanting one of his cleavers.

I have nothing to offer, but I would love to see a spine shot of that cleaver. Curious how crazy of a taper he can get away with on it.

Little bump - the cleaver is reserved, still looking to trade the yanick for a milan / the 9 or other interesting knife.

I need to stop staring at this post. For my sanity, I’m happy that cleaver is gone

Back