• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS Ziricote Magnetic Knife Strips

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alpine.knifeworks

Wood luvr
KKF Supporting Craftsman
Reaction score
Hey KKF! A local friend of mine made some magnetic knife strips for me, I wanted some made with Ziricote and he went ahead and made 2 extra, we assumed KKF would want one or two! These are made with absolutely lovely Ziricote planks from Feelgoodwooduk, they are simply stunning. They are wall mounted with 2 screws and come with plugs to cover the screw heads.

Looking for $220 each, will cover shipping to the US.

The larger plank is just under 22", the smaller plank is about 18.6"

20240317_112007.jpg
20240317_112030.jpg

Oh I forgot to mention: I have a 21.5" one from him and it comfortably holds 4 cleavers and a suji, without being crowded. I imagine it could hold 6 gyutos with plenty of space between them, 7 with about an inch between them.

Also the screw plugs do not match the exact grain but they ARE ziricote and can be almost the same in appearance.

Last edited:
Gonna be in trouble the day my wife lets me hang my knives on the wall…
Hahhaa. I'm a lucky man! I was originally going to buy 3 of these but after hanging two I decided I probably should reduce my knife collection instead of adding more clutter

Are these a single row or double row of magnets?
Single row! At first they were a little weak and couldn't hold every knife we tested with, so he did another pass on the planer and now they are strong. Holds every knife we tested with (20+), probably a little less intense "grab" than some you'd buy on Amazon. It doesn't suck it out of your hand

Back