« Bonjour » from the south of France

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justablacktee

Reaction score
Looking from a distance for few years now, drinking knowledge from everyone, learning, trying, failing, learning more, I had to register at some point to interact with you all, fellow knives nerds ! And the day is today...

French guy from the little town of Toulouse in the south of France.

Into Japanese knives, sharpening and polishing with synthetic and natural stone (classic resume).

Currently working (more not working nowadays) as head bartender in a cocktail bar. Home cook. Casual photographer, former oil painter until I start again.

Until we met more personally in this bottomless rabit hole ...

Cheers ! 👹

Bienvenue!

Coincidentally someone shared this with me a couple of days ago. Have you come across these stones from Saurat before, or tried them?

Bienvenue!

Coincidentally someone shared this with me a couple of days ago. Have you come across these stones from Saurat before, or tried them?

Thanks!

Ho! Never been aware of them especially but it remind me of some middle quality stone we can find in old school knife store here ... I’ll check that if I can came accros them again

Bienvenue!

My ex-father-in-law does a lot of lumberjack stuff and other wood work - I think he uses Pyrénées stones of some kind on some of his gear. I'll ask him.

[QUOTE="Justablacktee, post: 794587, member: 47293"French guy from the little town of Toulouse in the south of France.
[/QUOTE]

I speak next to no French (though I did understand the few words that @big_adventure wrote which is at least a start), much to my dismay, but I would very much like to retire to the South of France or the Provence one day. So hold tight, maybe we can have a get together, roam the markets and sharpen our knives as a team ;)

Welcome!

[QUOTE="Justablacktee, post: 794587, member: 47293"French guy from the little town of Toulouse in the south of France.

I speak next to no French (though I did understand the few words that @big_adventure wrote which is at least a start), much to my dismay, but I would very much like to retire to the South of France or the Provence one day. So hold tight, maybe we can have a get together, roam the markets and sharpen our knives as a team ;)

Welcome!
[/QUOTE]

Yes sure ! Always a pleasure to meet and exchange with other knives enthusiast, I find out to be hard to bump into ones in France (mostly a country of stainless poorly sharpen chefknife in kitchen...misuno ux at best) exception made for famous knife maker and expat. 😅

Ah Toulouse, lovely city. My in-laws live just outside St Antonin Noble Val so when my wife and I go to visit we usually go pass through Toulouse. As a butcher, I loved wandering Victor Hugo market in the city centre, its a good meat market if you have the cash. Good luck with the new metro line construction though, that seemed like it was going nowhere fast last time I was there a year or two back.

Ah Toulouse, lovely city. My in-laws live just outside St Antonin Noble Val so when my wife and I go to visit we usually go pass through Toulouse. As a butcher, I loved wandering Victor Hugo market in the city centre, its a good meat market if you have the cash. Good luck with the new metro line construction though, that seemed like it was going nowhere fast last time I was there a year or two back.

Thanks everyone !!

haha 3rd metro line still far from being...
Small world ... yeah great market, just went for some “araignée” cut for lunch !

Next time (if we’re open) come by and grab a drink, I work near by at the fatcat cocktail bar 😉

Back