#1 - Triple Threat

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ForeverLearning

Reaction score
One silver lining of being on lockdown in the UK and being lucky enough to have some space to work outside is that I've found the time to finish off some handles.

Didn't include any of my home stabilized wood, I need to buy some as a comparison to know if it's actually correctly stabilized.

Anyways here's the latest...

IMG_20200328_225300_628 (1).jpg

They're a big improvement from my first lot

I need you to live down the street from me

Nice! What're the woods?

From bottom to top:
  • African Blackwood and Thuya Burr
  • Thuya Burr
  • African Blackwood and Corian
Glad you like them!
I thought maybe Thuya. Truly beautiful wood! FYI: Thuya is one of the few woods mentioned in the bible... that'll win ya a pint at trivia night :)
Is the scent still there?

I thought maybe Thuya. Truly beautiful wood! FYI: Thuya is one of the few woods mentioned in the bible... that'll win ya a pint at trivia night :)
Is the scent still there?

There's a small hint if you get up close and personal. When sanding it was very lemony/citrusy! It was lovely! Very oily though, not kind to the disc sander

Beautiful work! Elegant yet not flashy.

You mentioned that you didn't include your stabilized wood. what process did you use to stabilize it? Vacuum, pressure?

Cactus juice under vacuum from anywhere between 16-24 hours then holding the vacuum for twice that, then curing at ~100 celsius

Back