$11 for a SS 8" Ksab chef's knife

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not your fault, Mitbud. It was a great heads up. Too bad the guy's a crook.

Not your fault, Mitbud. It was a great heads up. Too bad the guy's a crook.

Totally agree. And, if I wasn't so pissed, I'd realize that this cheap copy is still good for gardening at 11 bucks. ;-)

Well. Guess well be returning a lot of garbage knives. At least the postal service is getting a little extra work thrown there way.

damn, two days i get my ass kicked at work and don't log on here, I miss out on the deal, boo

Me too. Ass-kicking at work combined with jet lag, I'm a zombie. Dagnabbit. Oh well, I don't need sod-cutters.

And I was so looking forward to them. The bait and switch is in high gear they are trying to get $60 for the knockoff. Check the vendor different name but China Fair Inc?

Bait 'n Switch?

Looks like it, as I have posted I will be all over them and Amazon over this (I have a lot of free time). I plan to hold the seller responsible on fulfilling the order I placed and not just a simple refund.

How did you get them to give you credit for this? I got two of these. Returned one shipment already. Returning another tomorrow when it arrives, but it would be nice to get a store credit for having to go through the hassle twice. They won't let you do an online return for these, you have to sit and wait for customer service.

Anyone had any luck getting the item replaced with the correct item listed?

Can't decide how much pain I want to endure over $11 x a couple...

Might just give them to friends...

That seller's probably having himself a seriously crappy day. I'd initially thought it was due just to a listing error, but it sounds increasingly like it was more intentional than that. Seems like he earned all the misery he's getting.

Anyone had any luck getting the item replaced with the correct item listed?

Bwahahaha...fat chance. Since Amazon blames the entire thing on the seller, this will be my last purchase at Amazon. Should have used the 11 bucks to light my pilot light or something useful. ;-)

+1 Amazon is resisting me giving the vendor a bad review.

That seller's probably having himself a seriously crappy day. I'd initially thought it was due just to a listing error, but it sounds increasingly like it was more intentional than that. Seems like he earned all the misery he's getting.

I sent Amazon an email, that has always been the easiest way for me to contact them. i'm hoping for a credit, or at least being given the money before sending it back.

Got my box o' junk today. Scheduled a ups pickup. Anyone return any of these yet at get a refund? Amazon is paying for the return shipping.

I left a one-star review for the seller, River Road, with a detailed explanation as to why.

I'm especially pissed off that there's a stick-on label on the outside of the clear plastic clamshell package that says "Chef Knife made in France," which was apparently intended to cover the words on the label inside the clamshell that says, "Manufactured under license by Lifetime Brands, Inc., Garden City, NY 11530, Made in China."

It's packed up and ready to go. At least returns are free.

p.s. -- don't blame Amazon, but do be cautious about buying anything from third-party sellers who advertise on Amazon.

I sent Amazon an email, that has always been the easiest way for me to contact them. i'm hoping for a credit, or at least being given the money before sending it back.
In my experience, Amazon doesn't process refunds until it has the item in hand.

I was told I should get a CC refund within about three days. Nothing was said about waiting to receive the knife back first. Mine is supposed to be picked up tomorrow. Mine clearly said made in China on the package.

There are already 5 to 6 one-star reviews posted for River Road today, all citing the fake Chinese Sabatier.

3 pieces of junk here too. If I can't return em I'll dump them on a thrift shop.

-AJ

Even I figured out how to have mine picked up by UPS and get a CC refund. If a world class technoklutz can do it...anyone can. I found it simplest with live chat, as someone suggested.

So does this mean that amazon is now 'not allowed' to be spoken here? It seems there are a lot of people that are having an unpleasant experience...

:lol2:

Chris

I took a partial refund. Too much effort to ship where I live (I can't schedule pick ups here). I'll lick my wounds and drop them off at a thrift store. Somebody in this town will actually be happy with them.

Contacted Amazon Customer Service and items were refunded in 10 minutes. First time EVER I have had a problem with an order. A+++ for Amazon. Fail for River Road.

-AJ

I heard that a couple guys received knives which has a sticker that said made in France, over the Made in China in the package. Guy ought to be kicked off Amazon.

Back