13 inch, nogent, F.Dick chef's.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Not mine, but I found these images and wanted to share for posterity's sake.
fd001.jpg
fd002.jpg
fd003.jpg
fd004.jpg
fd005.jpg
fd006.jpg

What an absolute unit! Looks to be in pretty good shape considering it age. Possibly missing seal at the end of the tang.

I was watching this as well out of curiosity. Unique seeing a nogent F. Dick. IMO sold for a lot more than I was expecting. Lots of deep pitting on that contrary to what the seller says. If it wasn't an F. Dick I'd expect half that price.

Getting to own a 13 inch Dick for 200 bucks and change is just a lot cheaper than most doctors and pills.

Yes, I agree. D'you think it was the nogent part that sold this so high?
I think so. Being an F. Dick sure did help though. This brand name seems to be one of the more collectible.

Yes, I agree. D'you think it was the nogent part that sold this so high?
Wonder whether this one mentioned 'Germany' with the logo. I have a Dick Nogent from @Carl Kotte who does not, which makes me believe it was made during the short time in 1922 when Germany tried to pay his debts to France in natura, which didn't work. Carl's one also has a distal taper that's closer to the French than the German tradition. I believe they were meant for reselling abroad, as France had contracted huge debts with the US for its armament as its major industrial centres in the North and the East were occupied during almost the entire WW1.

Wonder whether this one mentioned 'Germany' with the logo.
Here's an image of the two F.Dick logos, in order of their post here:
fd3.jpg

For some reason I have it in my head that the "K" in F.Dick is an indicator of the era of manufacturing, and the "K" in the lower half of the image is of an earlier era. But I am probably mis-remembering info.

And this just sold for $230!!!!!! ***?!?!?!
h2.jpg

Same seller as above? I mean this is pristine, with wild, real, patina but this money for a 7 inch breaking knife? Boggles the mind... And it jumped from ~$60 with >5 minutes to go to $230. As a Henx fan I'd so like to talk to the buyer and see what else he or she owns.

Back