14" CCK Watermelon Knife

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mhenry

Reaction score
I don't know why I did this? I think this might appeal to the knife guy that thought he had everything.
To make it ever more ridiculous I used a really high grade piece of Koa with Musk ox for the ferrule. I made the handle kinda square and blocky to match the blade feels good in hand.
$245.00 shipped in the US

IMG_4597.jpg

IMG_4604.jpg

IMG_4606.jpg

IMG_4598.jpg

IMG_4602.jpg

IMG_4599.jpg

IMG_4601.jpg

IMG_4600.jpg

You're crazy.
I like it, I can't believe no one else has tackled the H2Omelon knife yet.
You set the bar insanely high.
I like it.
I like it.
You can easily go bushwhacking through the jungle with this knife after you've served up some watermelon too.

Can one of the MODS FIX my TYPO should have been 14" in the title. Thanks

Very nice! Everybody should have one of these, they work for cabbage also. :)

Stefan

I just bought one of those at CCK in Hong Kong and one of the similar Tojiro knife in Tokyo. Can't wait to try them on some watermelons!

Most watermelon knives I've encountered are flimsy pos. I imagine this cck has some steel behind it!

If I still made kimchi frequently, this would be a great daikon/napa/onion killer!

Handle is gorgeous!

Always wanted one of these and that's a nice way to do it. I disagree with the broken ferule though. Still it's a great looking piece that leaves watermelons shaking with fear!

put serrations on it and use it as a bread knife!

I was immediately thinking bread knife as well, just sharpening on a low grit would be close enough to serrated for most uses.

Always wanted one of these and that's a nice way to do it. I disagree with the broken ferule though. Still it's a great looking piece that leaves watermelons shaking with fear!

Thanks we like to call that a natural edge in the handle biz:biggrin:

If it had really been 14' I would have snatched it up!

Really interesting knife.

I figure after a week and 1000 views no one is gonna snag this, so I turned it into my new 240mm bunka.

IMG_4719.jpg

SWEET...and nicely barbaric!:viking:

Be well,
Mikey

Back