• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS 150/330 52100 petty with saya

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KilgoreTrout

Banned
Reaction score
Ok first try at selling here so please be gentile. I’m sure I’ll mess up formatting and or protocol

[selling][workdwide] 159/330 52100 high carbon steel petty with rosewood and water buffalo horn handle and padauk & black palm saya.

150mm petty utility knife. 52100 steel, oil quenched and professionally heat treated and tested by peters heat treat. 60 HRC

**D shaped** Rosewood handle with blond horn spacer and black endcaps/ferrules. Set with Bees wax. It smells lightly of honey!

Edit: the handle was not made by myself. I had it made to my specifications. Everything else, saya and knife, etching and forced patina is my doing.

Copper pin locked saya of padauk and black palm construction. Tung oil treatment and polished with bees wax and mineral oil.

All measurements and weights metric.

Length: 150/330

Height: 32.54

Spine at handle: 3.25

Spine at tip: .58

Weight: 125 grams without saya

Electro etched with my makers mark and a personal mantra “so it goes.” From the book slaughterhouse V
by Kurt Vonnegut. Some may get the lulz.
dark forced patina

edit: to be clear this knife is 100% by my hands. Except for heat treat which I’m just not set up to do. I built the saya and forged the steel.

$200 USD
Shipped fedex with insurance for full replacement value. PayPal

World wide actual shipping cost, taxes and duties to purchaser. I would prefer to use fedex or DHL but shipping is up to purchaser.

Please let me know if you need any additional pictures and/or videos.

Video and additional images

Performance video

Measurements of a twin petty, not actual knife for sale

last two pictures attached are measurements of its twin. The last petty I sold already but measurements are identical.
ACEE5B10-0972-4E5E-B680-CC5C46221E7C.jpeg
883ADFE3-D362-4740-904F-7CE47F9560DF.jpeg
6374B966-E8CB-4A1C-B334-96CFB0314263.jpeg
E96A8C49-3831-4810-BD2A-520592437228.jpeg

924FE897-5E93-46A0-81B5-AAE45DE0A136.jpeg
79C0A2D1-27BC-4FE8-8D20-9742C5D6A1C8.jpeg
886AEF16-08A9-40CA-89CF-2F4E5A062793.jpeg
5E25A3C4-31BA-41D9-B84B-6C0D731DFDF3.jpeg

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.mov
    30.5 MB
Last edited:
great pics. Try putting the makers name in the title to attract more views (well I guess that depends on the maker… but you get the idea)

great pics. Try putting the makers name in the title to attract more views (well I guess that depends on the maker… but you get the idea)

Im the maker. I’m sorry I thought that was clear with the heat treating information.

edit: to be clear this knife is 100% by my hands. Except for heat treat which I’m just not set up to do. I built saya and forged the steel.

Last edited:
Mod info post:

All is good here, but some members were wondering why there are WTS items that clearly were made by the OP themselves. Please note, that in late 2021 we changed the rules a little and now it is allowed for aspiring hobby makers to sell up to two items per month without any dedicated membership. Further changes are always possible, but this is how it works at the moment.

Mod info post:

All is good here, but some members were wondering why there are WTS items that clearly were made by the OP themselves. Please note, that in late 2021 we changed the rules a little and now it is allowed for aspiring hobby makers to sell up to two items per month without any dedicated membership. Further changes are always possible, but this is how it works at the moment.

I’m sorry I don’t understand what you’re saying.

I’m sorry I don’t understand what you’re saying.

Most users who frequent BST don't read the rules on weekly basis and thus may not have noticed the change. I have only posted my comment to clarify the situation. You are selling a knife here that you made yourself - that would have not been possible in the past in this BST section and without Hobbyist or Pro Maker membership.

Back