SOLD 180mm MagnaCut Petty

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MSicardCutlery

Full-time Knifemaker-Canadian Mazaki
KKF Sponsor
Reaction score
Hello All,

I don't often make pettys, but I had enough left over from my last sheet of MagnaCut to squeeze this one out. This design is one I created in collaboration with one of our members last year. Hope you like it.

• Blade: 179mmx32mm CPM MagnaCut (63-64 HRC) scotchbrite belt finish
  • Neck: 13mmX15mm
  • Handle: 25mmx22mm tapering to 18mmx22mm and 130mm long. Oil finished maple.
  • POB: 3mm pas the handl
  • Spine: 2.45mm at the neck, 1.9mm at 9.7cm, .49mm 1cm from the tip
  • Grind: flat to convex, right hand bias
  • Weight: 92g
  • Relieved choil and spine
  • Edge: .16mm@1mm, .51mm@5mm, .96mm@10mm Measured at the midpoint.
Asking $175 U.S shipped with insurance anywhere in North America. For delivery to Australia/Europe/Asia/Hawaii I will cover the first $25 U.S of shipping.
20230126_130510.jpg

20230126_130457.jpg

20230126_130631.jpg

Last edited:
Don't know how long that tip is going to last, though. For lemons behind the bar, I might need to round it for safety. The bartenders are known to partake.

Be sure to give it a good feel when you get it. You might find yourself wanting one of some length for yourself.

My biased opinion is it is a real nice design and Matt's evolution of it should be awesome. 👍

So, in light of some of the feedback I've received from a handful of people over the last day, I've decided to make a run of 180mm petties in this same pattern. I'm thinking 3 in MagnaCut, and for a more budget friendly option, 3 in AEB-L. That may change a little between now and the time I get to profiling those blades as I have a few customs to finish first, but for right now that's the plan. I hope you enjoy them.

-Matt

So, in light of some of the feedback I've received from a handful of people over the last day, I've decided to make a run of 180mm petties in this same pattern. I'm thinking 3 in MagnaCut, and for a more budget friendly option, 3 in AEB-L. That may change a little between now and the time I get to profiling those blades as I have a few customs to finish first, but for right now that's the plan. I hope you enjoy them.

-Matt

My 165 in AEB-L sees a lot of use!

If you have any smaller left overs, I could be all over 130-150mm version as well in magnacut ... pm me :D

not picky on handle type or material.. I will be using it as a work horse peeling / slicing lots of fruit from strawberries to pears to apples and oranges

Back