Quantcast

180mm Watanabe Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

mhenry

Founding Member
Reaction score
This was my wife's primary knife until I bought that Takeda Bunka, and she hasn't touched this one since. This is the Kurouchi stainless clad blue steel from his pro line of knives. She is pretty hard on knives and most of the KU has been scrubbed off, it is dull, and has a couple chips. I thought I would offer the potential buyer a handle option. One handle is Buffalo horn, Honduran Rosewood Spacer, and Green Camel Bone ferrule. The other is spalted something I don't remember from Craig Stevens, nickle and fiber spacer, ebony ferrule. This knife is currently retailing for $230.00 considering its heavily used condition I am going to ask $135.00+ $40.00 to cover the cost of materials for the handle, delivered in conUS.

IMG_0923.jpg

echerub

Founding Member
Reaction score
Freakin' hell, I'm too slow! Saw the thread title and already knew I wanted it before I clicked...

Congrats :)

mhenry

Founding Member
Reaction score
I didnt expect it to sell that fast either! Its going to a very good home though

Freakin' hell, I'm too slow! Saw the thread title and already knew I wanted it before I clicked...

Congrats :)

kalaeb

Banned
Reaction score
That one definately has to be a record!

Congrats to the new owner.

bprescot

Founding Member
Reaction score
Yeah, well my knifey senses were tingling so I quickly logged on to check out the For Sale thread. :wink: Unfortunately it means I'll have to be listing some of my own once we get back home :(

echerub

Founding Member
Reaction score
Well, a lot of our stuff stays within the community doesn't it? :)

echerub

Founding Member
Reaction score
Okay, so the official record still stands at 9 minutes ;) 15 is still pretty darn good though...

Vertigo

Senior Member/ Internet Hooligan
Banned
Reaction score
I'll list my Rodrigue custom for $7 if anyone gets close. Don't make me do it!!!

Andrew H

The alleles created by mutation may be beneficial
Founding Member
Reaction score
Don't make me have events conspire....

Vertigo

Senior Member/ Internet Hooligan
Banned
Reaction score
****, scrambled eggs all over my face. I was just kidding about the Rodrigue, guys.

mhenry

Founding Member
Reaction score
Got it done I used some malachite dust to color the epoxy and it turned out a little brighter than I thought. So I just wanted to get Ben's approval before I ship it

IMG_0931.jpg

Lefty

Canada's Sharpest Lefty
Founding Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I can see the concern. It might be too nice to sell. I say refund Ben's money and keep it for yourself!

EdipisReks

Reaction score
yeah, that's awful: it should be sent to me for 5 or 6 years of evaluation.

Latest posts