1st pistol

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes, go shadow 😎 they released a single action only verison. i dont care for polymer frames at all.
Damnit. Lol ok i sent them an email. If they allow me to switch then cool if not i get it since they had to order one for me. Now we wait.

Hey all. Working on getting my firearms permit. My brothers a cop so im looking to get a pistol to do some target shooting and for home defense (hopefully never needed). Whats a good first pistol?

Nj laws

a 1911. any 1911. they have the best triggers. better than any cz or neuhausen, its just the way it is. the trigger moves straight back and its very short distance. other than that, some older smith&wesson performance center model.

i have used the 945 extensively which is a 1911 upper mated to a common smith non 1911 lower. or maybe it the other way around. its a very good hybrid though. it can feed and cycle empty brass if you want. best "1911" ever made. extremely well made.

also the 952 performance center. i think this is the best pistol ever made on this planet. the trigger pull is so short and crisp its almost unreal. i shot a 6 inch model in a competition once and it almost shot itself. you just aim it in the general direction and you hit the target. well, not really! but it felt like that. mother of ****ing god.

952 on the bottom. 945 on top.

s-w-945-952-01-jpg.333081

also these are probably the best **** you will ever encounter.
smith 5906 performance center target champion. they dont **** around with these ones.

pix256692137.jpg

if you miss with this you probably shouldn't own guns at all to be honest. 6 inch 952. the baddest ass there is.

H1193-L138415703.jpg

Also this thread has given me a project. I'm now putting a near mirror polish on the 64-2. Two hours of hand polishing today, only 20 more to go. But I've got the time.

Updated pic of the polish job and Tyler T-grip
IMG_20200526_160521.jpg

Back