2 Display / Serving Boards For Sale - Quilted Maple

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burl Source

Weird Wood Pusher
Reaction score
I was not sure what to call these boards. At my house we sometimes put one on the center of the dining table, or the coffee table, or maybe just on the counter in the kitchen.
The wood I used is Big Leaf Maple with Quilted figure. I thought they looked pretty nice. My wife likes them but she likes almost everything I make.

Both of these boards have a food safe finish using mineral oil. I selected which side looked the best to be the exposed surface of the board. I applied clear rubber feet on the backsides to help keep them from scooting around. There will be some small natural occurring flaws mainly on the backsides.

If you want one or both of these make a post here in this thread that says something like "I'll take #....". Posting here in the thread instead of pm or email will help prevent any misunderstandings. Payment needs to be with paypal within 24 hours. If you are getting one or both I will need your email address so I can send a paypal money request.

The 1st board (top) is $90 plus $10 US Shipping or $35 International Shipping (USPS just raised the international rates).
Dimensions are about 13" long, by 7&7/8" wide by 1&1/4" thick.

The 2nd board (bottom) is $110 plus $10 US Shipping or $35 International Shipping (USPS just raised the international rates).
Dimensions are about 12&7/8" long, by 8&9/16" wide by 1&1/4" thick.

Fronts
bwf_zpsylhvjjkl.jpg

Backs
bwb_zps2nlzuqpo.jpg

Side to side comparison
long_zpshtox113j.jpg

Here are some individual photos.

Board #1 front
1a_zps8f3uhfkr.jpg

Board #1 back
1b_zps61dkwtq4.jpg

Board #2 front
2a_zpssvqo6v9c.jpg

Board #2 back
2b_zpswdujdhps.jpg

My wife is talking about keeping one of these and giving the other one to my brother.
I agreed to two more days and if they have not been claimed, she gets them.

So.....if you are thinking about getting one, don't wait much longer.
Currently these 2 boards are still available.

Back