2020 bucket list

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My 2020 has been pretty lame, but thanks to not constantly buying new knives I've narrowed down the ones I really love.

Now I need to sell a couple knives and buy some stones. Any one know how I can get knife shipping boxes without buying new knives?
You can order priority mail boxes from USPS on their website and they will deliver them to you free, I like to use size #1095.
https://store.usps.com/store/results?Ntt=1095

For me it's improving enough at hand sharpening so I can move on to my more expensive knives vs. just scratching up my wife's beater Henckel Classic 8" chef knife.
Put some wet/dry sandpaper on your bucket list. From 220-320-400-600. That stuff is like Dutch courage for making mistakes on your better knives.

My 2020 has been pretty lame, but thanks to not constantly buying new knives I've narrowed down the ones I really love.

Now I need to sell a couple knives and buy some stones. Any one know how I can get knife shipping boxes without buying new knives?
@M1k3 is gonna have to change his signature.

Last edited:
Looking back at my original post. I passed the Takeda impulse. Still trying to get a Shig Kitaeji. Ordered a denka. Ordered a custom s-grind from Mathias Ekman which should arrive by year end.

In addition, bought and sold the following:
  • Mazaki kasumi 240
  • Shibata R2 240
  • Yoshikane SKD Amekiri 240
  • Y Tanaka dammy blue 1 240
  • Masashi SLD 270
  • Masamoto KS 240 (selling)
Sold the following:
  • Anryu blue 2 240
  • Konosuke Togatta GS+ 240
  • Ikkanshi Tadatuna white 2 240
  • Wakui migaki 210
  • Shibata AS 240
  • Zkramer dammy 10"
  • Sukenari hap40 suji 270
  • Munetoshi ku 240mm

Bought and kept:
  • Mazaki ku 240 Yoshihiro version
  • Y. Ikeda white 3 konyaki 240
  • Shun Hiro sg2 bread knife
  • Takamura migaki R2 santoku 170
  • Takamura Hana suji 270
  • Masamoto KS deba 180
  • Mathias Ekman aebl suji 347mm
  • Zanmai Ultimate Aranami 240
  • Shiraki white 2 Mt. Fuji honyaki 270
  • Majime 9 inch k-tip aebl gyuto
  • CCK 1303
  • Konosuke HD2 yo 240
  • Shibata Kotetsu AS Tank
  • Sukenari ZDP189 dammy 270
  • KKF supporting membership
I need to follow.behind you. You sell what I like.

I had good time with that Tad, but I basically sold all my lasers (I kept a Takamura which is a small santoku and a HD2 which is technically not a laser) and I’m not a fan of white 2 steel in general. The Tad itself is a good knife in that category. If I were to buy a Tad again, I’d choose a 270 inox.

As someone who has handled a lot of livers in my life, albeit animal livers, you can definitely tell the difference between healthy and unhealthy livers. Granted, not many of our farm animals are brewing illicit moonshine in the fields, but as a general principle, the crap you put in your body really does impact your flesh.

Also, alcohol is tasty, although for me, the refreshing and satisfying taste of fresh, cold water when you're super thirsty is something that can't be beat.

Back