2020 got old really fast. virus and a fire.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boomchakabowwow

Reaction score
COVID-19

and now? a freak summer time lighting storm pretty much lit my entire world on fire. Northern CA is on fire. people are now on the move. some moving into shelters even...and there is a this VIRUS going on!! imagine being in a crowded shelter?

i woke up the other night and my wife was looking at real estate prices in Vancouver Washington. hahhaha..

at least we dont have an earthquake.

Big Hurricane year too. Good chance that those in the southeast will have to shelter at least once this season and likely more. Again we already have enough virus to go around.

Best of luck to those caught in the fire or hurricane.

Well, one could say that the virus is not a replacement for any local or global problems, but rather an add-on, unfortunately.

There's 4-5 fires going on right now. Luckily they're far enough away it's not going to threaten us. It is affecting the air quality though :confused:

Well hey, at least you don't live in 2020 Beirut...
52708626_7.png

skynews-lebanon-beirut-explosion-harbour_5058188.jpg

Ok, just in case everyone goes into panic mode before clicking the Wikipedia link, let me reassure you all that the asteroid in question is apparently 2 meters in diameter... (although I think a remake of Armageddon starring that asteroid would be pretty funny).

It does seem ominous that it might hit the day before the US election though. Maybe it’s actually a capsule carrying our new prophesied leader. Or maybe it’s a harbinger of a second term.

wife and i were in a massage for our 13yr wedding anniversary, 25 minutes into the massage theres a knock at the door, already weird for a massage. A man comes in and tells us there is an evacuation warning for fire. we thought maybe someone pulled the smoke alarm. so we get dressed kinda slowly, try to come back to life after having been half asleep on a massage table, and we get outside and see a massive wall of smoke coming right at us. the massage therapist goes running past us and says dont worry about money, i am just getting out of here, you should do the same. then she jumped in her car and just left.

now half the state or more is on fire, i just cleaned our guest house because someone will for sure be staying in it tonight.

2020 is pretty fun...

I hope everyone is staying safe. The footage coming out of the West Coast right now is crazy!

I'm feeling for you guys on the west coast of USA.

Those smoky red skies bring back some unpleasant memories.

Hope that everyone is OK and staying safe.

We had this down here for months back in summer. No fun :mad:

And I bet with COVID we can't even do the usual and send people over to help...

COVID-19

and now? a freak summer time lighting storm pretty much lit my entire world on fire. Northern CA is on fire. people are now on the move. some moving into shelters even...and there is a this VIRUS going on!! imagine being in a crowded shelter?

i woke up the other night and my wife was looking at real estate prices in Vancouver Washington. hahhaha..

at least we dont have an earthquake.
We looked at Vancouver too.
Unfortunately, we purchased in Portland.

We had this down here for months back in summer. No fun :mad:

And I bet with COVID we can't even do the usual and send people over to help...

I hope we can send some people over to help. We really appreciated the help that came from the US and Canada in January.

I hope we can send some people over to help. We really appreciated the help that came from the US and Canada in January.
Yeah, me too, but a fortnight's quarantine is making a mess of things, not to mention the almost non-existent flights.

Back