225 Gyuto W2 with hamon for sale

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The knife is going to Eamon for a saya and a sharpening, and then to me. I've thought about doing a pass around, if anyone is interested.

I'd love to try it but I'm already testing one out so I'll pass on this one. Thanks! :)

The knife is going to Eamon for a saya and a sharpening, and then to me. I've thought about doing a pass around, if anyone is interested.

I would also be very interested in trying out Mikes knives.

Me too...even though I'm having one made, and I have a couple in transit. But a gyuto, especially this one? Hot damn!

Well, I'm late to the party as usual, but dang, that handle (and the whole knife for that matter) is hot! :ubersexy:

I cannot join this, cause I would never sent that knife away from my keeping...

Generous offer to pass it around. Mike Davis hit my radar with this one..

Beautiful blade and handle......Great snag Matt

Thanks guys! You will be seeing a lot more from me :) And real soon :D

Beautiful blade and handle......Great snag Matt

Thanks, Mario. Yes it is, but.....It's not my only great snag, thanks to you and others.....:doublethumbsup:

There are some incredibly talented artists here. And I really do think of y'all as artists.......... Best thing is, ya'll make functional art. I appreciate both the functional and artistic aspects. I think we all do.....if we didn't, we wouldnt have damascus blades, handles of teeth, mokume, silver, exotic woods, burled this and exotic that. Personally, I can't wait to see what you'll come up with next.

Just my opinion.

Matt

Interested in trying this out.

Mike, I can't wait to see what you have coming. May it be a great expense of knives.:muahaha::spin chair:

Mike this is a real nice looking knife. My very first thought when seeing the finished version is a Fish handled Carter funayuki. It's very nice to my eyes. :)

I also would like to add, that i am excited to see what you guys think about the performance of this knife, as it is my 4th gyuto, and i need the feedback. Until i made the Gyuto for Mark, i had only seen them in a picture, and then, only one. I enjoy making kitchen knives, and have every intention of continuing!

Mike this is a real nice looking knife. My very first thought when seeing the finished version is a Fish handled Carter funayuki. It's very nice to my eyes. :)

I'm not saying I said it first, but I might have once mentioned the reason I got Mike to make me my knives (3 an counting) is because his work reminds me of Carter.
You're bang on, Dave. Fish handled Carter, for sure!

Hey guess what steel takes a legendary patina?

W2!
2012-05-29%252015.29.54.jpg

2012-05-29%252015.28.10.jpg

That is one day, AT HOME, folks. :notworthy:

Weird, my 98mm slicer...I mean necker that Mike made hardly has any patina after eight whole hours of having it....

485866eb.jpg

aa2ce355.jpg

I think I have a problem. I get a necker and still use it in the kitchen.

What's wrong with hanging a steak knife from your neck?

Yeah, it's more of an everything/utility knife for working in the shop/yard/at home. The "actual" necker is even smaller - maybe 2/3rds the size.

I'm assuming the pic you posted, Eamon, is of "The Gyuto"(?) How did it perform???

Aw... Let's not rob Bulldog of his thunder (unless he want us to). :)

Yeah, he asked me to review it. I'll give thoughts on it after I sharpen it.

Ok.
Rick
Kalaeb
Lefty
The Edge
Crothcipt

I will let you know when the pass around starts

Great! I'm in Canada, so you might want to put mr at the end, just in case of any slow downs at the border...or kick me out (please don't! Haha)

You guys kill me...i am nervous and excited all at the same time lol. I really hope this cuts as well as i think it did for me. Eamon,you have to love W2 if not for the amazing hamon's, then for the crazy fast patinas lol.

Wow....I didn't recognize this as being the knife Mike made the first time I saw this. That is some patina. I'm liking it. Matt

Hey guess what steel takes a legendary patina?

W2!
2012-05-29%252015.29.54.jpg

2012-05-29%252015.28.10.jpg

That is one day, AT HOME, folks. :notworthy:

Back