• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB 225mm Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chang

Gay for Gyutos
KKF Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lookin’ for a new toy to play around with at home and work. I can finally say that 225mm of edge length is definitely my sweet spot, so anything in that size or close to that size would be best. Any steel is fine and I would prefer a workhorse but I don’t mind a laser too. Let’s see what you guys got! 😗

I have a masashi w#2 nashiji finish (stainless clad) and a wat b#2 gyuto a bit over 210 but not 225 for sale (need to move em fast). Let me know!

Check the measurements as you should find Y Tanakas listed as 240 with an edge of 225 because of how they measure?

https://strata-portland.myshopify.c...2-kurouchi-240mm-gyuto-custom-lacewood-handle
Most Sakai 240mm will fit the bill because they measure from spine to tip... so edge length usually floats in the 225-230mm range. This Togashi is definitely more on the workhorse side of things as well. I echo the recommendations for a Y Tanaka if you can grab one under 400, that’s my daily driver right now and it is totally amazing.

Back