Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beau Nidle

KKF Sponsor
Reaction score
Another knife for sale! I went monosteel on this one, RWL-34 heat treated to around 61-62HRC. The grind is kind of a workhorse towards the heel with a significant distal taper, but still chunky, if that makes sense.
  • 230mm length
  • 49mm height
  • 230grams
  • Spine thickness - 3mm at the handle, 2.7mm above the heel, 1.75mm midway, 0.75mm at 1cm from the tip.
  • Handle - Stabilised maple burl handle, copper spacer and dyed snakeskin sycamore ferrule

Asking $250 + shipping from the UK. If you don't like it I'll take it back. Please ask any questions you like!

IMG_5003.jpg

IMG_5004.jpg

IMG_5009.jpg

IMG_5012.jpg

IMG_5027.jpg

Someone should have grabbed this knife already, it is a steal at the price. For people who may be unfamiliar RWL-34 is essentially the same steel as CPM 154 and I'm not aware of anyone doing work this nice with that alloy that isn't charging at least 50% more. Properly heat treated it should be relatively tough/non-chippy, with excellent edge retention, and not a bear to sharpen, although more work than Shirogami or Aogami 2.

Agree at this price the knife is a steal... Also the pics seem to show that the fit and finish is probably many degrees better than the average $250 J-knife.

Any idea how much it will cost to ship to the states (roughly)? $250 is my budget so I’m trying to see how much I’d go over if I bought this lol.

Any idea how much it will cost to ship to the states (roughly)? $250 is my budget so I’m trying to see how much I’d go over if I bought this lol.

It should be about $20 so long as you don't mind regular airmail at 10-14 days to receive it.

That handle is gorgeous. I'll definitely keep an eye on your work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back