• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD 235 mm forged-to-shape-everywhere deba

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Edit: I've just full on sharpened it and the edge taking is actually really really really really nice and satisfying, so I'm keeping it. Another impulse sell I guess

Edit 2: feels like takagi blue honyaki in edge taking and sharpening feel . . .will sell it anyway

$95 shipped conus

470g
235 heel to tip
66mm tall
7mm spine tapers quite a bit

Not the prettiest deba, not the straightest. Knife is definitely installed into the handle such that the knife tilts to the left. But uniquely, it has a forged ura, omote, spine and choil. Or ultra deep putting marks I guess. But I can't see grind marks, so I'm guessing it's forged. Okay actually now I can see the grind marks. It's kinda like tf. But so much of it is forged to shape and the nashiji is there for the most part. Still more so than any other knife I've used so far.

Steel is good but not legendary. Feels a lot like a Kanna blade. I'm thinking like blue 2. Does refine and catch in hair. Lamination line is very very low but there. Ni-mai, and there's a cladding line on the back. Rust on the edge and ura. There's some waviness to the edge. The ferrule is loose a bit but so cool. It seems to be forged iron.

The ura is not Sakai standard. . . It is a bit convexed very very slightly.

Of course I have no idea who the maker is. Just 3 dots on the back. I'll check the tang later

PXL_20220325_054333415.jpg

PXL_20220325_054758970.jpg

PXL_20220325_045333523.jpg
PXL_20220325_045345951.jpg
PXL_20220325_045357890.MP.jpg

Last edited:
Back