• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Traded 240 Mizuno Honyaki Blue 2

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

valgard

Stones Addict (terminal case)
Reaction score
Hello all,

Have almost not used this guy since buying it back in April so time to free up the funds for some other interesting things I wanna try.
This is a very cool knife that I like but just don't seem to LOVE and reach for tall, sweet profile, beautiful hamon and handle, grind is a sweet workhorse right hand biased convex. I got the knife new in box and proceeded to improve the stock finish by polishing it with diamond paste, finger stones (many many hours), and some nugui mixes, I didn't use sandpaper or modified the grind at all at any point so there's still some of the factory finish scratches left but the finish is much improved. Knife came with no edge whatsoever so I did put the initial edge on it but didn't touch it up afterwards (can do that for the new owner if he wishes so but it was still able to work OK last time I used it). I cleaned the light patina and retouched the finish, condition is as shown in the pictures. Balance point is right on the money.

Price: $1150 usd shipped in NA, international + the difference.

Knife from JCK was $1440usd new but I got it discounted from the original buyer who's a friend. This knife is in better than new condition, grind is unaltered and finish is improved significantly (although very far from perfect since I didn't do a full overhaul) from the buffed mirror and dirty hamon bokashi that it comes with.

Specs:
Edge length: 230mm
Height at the heel: 54mm
Weight: 244g
Steel: Hitachi Aogami #2
Construction: Honyaki
Handle: Macassar Ebony and blonde horn

Pics:

1444ead0607c1473a86fdd8db79bc3ce.jpg

03d8be3124fa651276e01cb8f0eafc0a.jpg

71f9bc9cb3577230ae75a1e625b11dee.jpg

ef698e4def0039958579304998781c0a.jpg
e21c2a6494cda1ec001e3fb315342f82.jpg
e3ed4d0a8911acc17a18174700137214.jpg
ddcec1e426df94a5dffeb06d018e366c.jpg

Thanks for looking,
Carlos

I’m confused, you’re selling your best knife?
hahahaha, I can't explain it either but it doesn't click that final bit with me even though in paper it's pretty spot on for me (except maybe it could use 15mm length for my current preference).

Forgot to mention but food release is superb with this one... As long as you aren't lefty :p.

Last edited:
Oh my, this thing is calling my nameee
Have to avert my eyes.
GLWS sure it won't take long

Well ****.
you snooze you lose [emoji28]. Had several talks ongoing, cash was my priority but this gave me the chance to try two makers I've been curious about for a while. And cash was to get new toys anyways.

And to clear up funds you’re selling the Marko WH? ‍♂️ Uh uh pick me
I'm sorry, I'm not 100% sure what you're saying but I'm not selling either at least until I get to try them. After that it's fair game but not before xD.

Back