• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB 240mm Iron clad Watanabe or Toyama

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slickmamba

Reaction score
Hey KKF,
I got my first Toyama not too long ago and it weighed in at 214g. On the heavier side of my collection but cuts like a dream.

I want to see what a heavier beefier toyama or watanabe would feel like(~240g+) compared to this one.

I'm located in CA, USA

thanks!

I really like my CKC ku nashiji Mazaki, as much as I like my iron clad Toyama or ku Watanabe, maybe even a little more. They're currently out of stock but something to consider when and if they come back.

I really like my CKC ku nashiji Mazaki, as much as I like my iron clad Toyama or ku Watanabe, maybe even a little more. They're currently out of stock but something to consider when and if they come back.
Ya, I've been eyeing mazaki for a while as well

More and more people are searching for the iron clad wats and Toyamas. It’s only a matter of time until Watanabe offers some on his specials page.

I think @slickmamba is looking for the older chunky Wats though. My 240mm keyaki one was literally one of the last 2 he had and iirc they were both around 220g.

2fdKpwJl.jpg

Mazaki is thinner behind the edge than a carbon clad Wat, but it has a flat grind.
Yeah I noticed the stainless clad toyamas are super thin behind the edge compared the the iron clad and the damascus ones.

bump!

Also interested in KU Nashiji Mazaki's if anyone has one they wanna let go of.

Last edited:
Have you seen the knife finding page? A member said that MTCKitchen has some Wat Iron.

Honestly, just go and buy the already available Mazaki, you will be more than happy with it.

Are the ion clad discontinued?

I just bought a used 210 ion clad Toyama, it’s 25 g heavier than my Stainless clad, 185 g for a 210, a nice middle weight. Cuts very similar to the stainless clad. The stainless is thiner but cutting wise the extra weight on the ion version comes handy, it’s a wash.

I also had a Mazaki Nashiji 210, it wedged in watermelon where Toyama went right through, so I think Toyama is still a step ahead of Mazaki

I have a stainless 240 at 214g that cuts beautifully, super thin behind the edge, lots of flex with the nail test. Interested in trying the mazaki as well, I saw the one for sale earlier but decided not to PM since it wasnt in the weight i was looking for.

I got my mazaki from yoshihiro. I emailed jensen I think his name is and made sure he sent me a 240 that was at least 54 MM. He didn’t have anything over that.

Back